NUR.KZ is looking for a DevOps Engineer who will strengthen our team and help us to improve our product for our users.
NUR.KZ is the first project of the Genesis holding and the most popular news and entertainment portal in Kazakhstan with more than 10 million unique users. Every third person in a country uses our products. Not only have we been maintaining high standards for 14 years, but we are constantly improving and reaching an increasingly large audience. We are awarded as the best independent mass media in Kazakhstan for 9 years in a row and we are among the TOP-3 Internet editions of the country.
Our mission is to make an impact through the influence of our content and excellence of our products. At the moment, more than 70 strong specialists work hard on our mission.
– a team that burns with a common goal, has a common vision and values;
– deep knowledge and skills regarding the speed of the site and services, optimal use of resources, telemetry of services (metrics and logging);
– we do not limit ourselves to a specific technologies, we try new ones if it’s necessary, because technologies are just an instrument for us;
– we are running a marathon, not a sprint. That is why we work for quality, not for deadlines.
You should apply if you:
– have DevOps commercial experience at least 2 recent years;
– have an experience with:
Experience with Kubernetes, Clickhouse, Postgres, Grafana, EFK, Redis, Memcached, IaC (Terraform) will be a great plus.
We expect that you will:
– іmplement new technologies;
– work with containerisation;
– work with code refactoring;
– transfer infrastructure management to IaaC;
– work with monitoring and alerting configuration;
– support current systems and update them.
We, in our turn, will:
– give you constant feedback and help you to improve your skills;
– provide you with all resources that you need to do your job effectively;
– give your team autonomy, because we hate micromanagement and bureaucracy;
– give you the opportunity to work in a strong team of professionals.
Stages of hiring
– Primary screening. The recruiter asks several questions (phone call or Google Meet) to get an impression of your experience and skills before the interview.
– Interview. A comprehensive conversation with your future manager, Engineering Manager and HR BP about your professional competencies and the team you are applying to.
– Job offer. In case of a successful interview you’ll get a job offer. Otherwise, you’ll get feedback within 1-2 days.
Genesis, No. 1 employer according to DOU, is a Ukrainian co-founding company that builds global tech businesses together with outstanding entrepreneurs from CEE. The Genesis business ecosystem includes more than 25 projects that work in 4 areas — mobile applications, online media, classifieds, and R&D. Our applications have been downloaded by more than 300 million users worldwide, with the company’s main markets being the United States, Europe, and Africa.
– the ability to work remotely or in the office, flexible working hours;
– competitive salary;
– full coverage of professional training (courses, meetups, certifications);
– performance review twice a year;
– health insurance and corporate doctor;
– 20 days of paid vacation, not limited paid sick leaves;
– free breakfast and lunches in the office;
– sports compensation;
– Apple equipment.
Genesis condemns Russia’s war against Ukraine and helps our country on the economic, information and cyber fronts. At the beginning of the full-scale war, we founded the Genesis for Ukraine corporate charity fund. In addition, we constantly donate to the Armed Forces, moreover several applications created in the Genesis ecosystem became free for Ukrainians. Read more about our opposition here and here.