Genesis is one of the largest IT companies in Ukraine with more than 1500 people in 5 countries, who create products for 200 million users monthly. We are the most high-loaded company in the country and one of the largest partner of Facebook, Google, Snapchat and Apple in the CEE region. Our team is one of the best high-tech teams in Eastern Europe.
Genesis was recognised by DOU.UA as the Best IT Employer in Ukraine over the last years. We received very high ratings across all major evaluation categories such as professional growth, compensation, working conditions, communication with management and colleagues, etc.
Our main values are people and the team. We are constantly in search of outstanding result-oriented individuals, who will be directly impacting our products and businesses.
In order to ensure no barriers to grow for our portfolio companies from financial perspective we introduced a new role in SocialTech – Financial Business Partner.
To effectively manage financial issues of several early-stage projects (currently six with two another to be launched soon) we are looking for an active and thoughtful professional who will strengthen Financial Business Partner team in the Financial Business Associate position.
What you will do:
● Perform a wide range of analytical tasks and develop a variety of analytical tools aimed to increase financial and operational efficiency of early-stage projects (operational dashboards, analysis of financial statements, P&L forecasts, sensitivity analysis etc.);
● Perform ongoing monitoring of operational and financial metrics of portfolio companies for compliance with established objectives, guidelines and parameters;
● Conduct various market researches to identify the most optimal solutions to financial and business issues and benchmark our portfolio projects against peers;
● Participate in development of different frameworks, manuals and guides to improve interaction between portfolio projects and our infrastructure departments;
● Communicate with internal departments (treasury, reporting, taxes, legal) to secure respective level of infrastructure needed for a smooth business growth of portfolio companies;
● Communicate with external partners, including payment service providers, banks and financial institutions to support business development initiatives.
On top of the above you are offered a full discretion to identify and take control over areas for improvement both within portfolio projects’ teams and infrastructure teams.
Skills and experience needed to join the board:
● 3-4 years of experience in either Big-4, investment banking, private equity/VC, management consulting or top local or international businesses;
● Proactive self-starter, with proven ability to initiate business changes (you are not likely to be told what exactly you have to do in order to bring value to portfolio companies; we are there to lead you, not to micromanage);
● Leadership and management potential are considered as a huge advantage - upside to become Financial Business Partner (with further CFO perspective) for one of the internal early-stage projects;
● Structured thinking and ability to take data-driven business decisions (you can hardly bet w/o knowing and correctly interpreting a data);
● Sound analytical, problem-solving and commercial instincts and skills (you can crack McK type of business cases like a pro);
● Strong communication and written skills, ability to convince opponents on the truth of one's judgments (we are seeking a candidate who can intelligently argue with CEO and/or portfolio companies management);
● Solid financial expertise – financial reporting / business valuation / analysis of investments (international qualifications like ACCA, CFA, CIMA, completed or in progress, would be an advantage);
● Upper-Intermediate English.
Reporting to: Financial Business Partner (FBP)
Genesis is a unique place for the development and growth with:
● Expertise in the development of high-loaded products in international markets;
● Unique opportunities for learning including various training and seminars within the company, access to a valuable and extensive book library, English courses and participation in key IT industry events worldwide;
● Perfect working conditions: an excellent office in a 5 minutes' walk from Taras Shevchenko metro station, free food and drinks in the office, medical insurance. The company has professional coaches in football, basketball and running and supports various sports initiatives (swim races, marathons, etc.).