Genesis is one of the world's largest product IT companies. We are one of the largest global app developers. Apps of Genesis companies have been downloaded by more than 300 mln users globally and are used by tens of millions of users monthly. Genesis is a full-cycle company: we create all our projects from the idea and the first drafts to realization and getting the best positions in the market or in our niche.
Currently, we are looking for a Manager Indirect Taxes to join our Global Tax team based in either Poland, Cyprus, or Ukraine. Hybrid or remote options are also available. You will report to the Head of Tax.
As Manager, Indirect Taxes, You Will:
- support and advise Genesis projects on worldwide indirect tax issues (mostly B2C for remote sellers);
- collaborate and coordinate with various business resources, other tax functions and external tax advisors;
- support our in-house Tax Compliance team with indirect tax compliance by giving guidance, reviewing VAT/Sales Tax returns, liaising with Accounts Payable and implementing risk mitigation processes to ensure accurate and timely indirect tax reporting;
- interact with external stakeholders all over the world and monitor the VAT calculation process of Genesis project entities;
- support with the implementation of our internal ERP system;
- monitor and support with legislative changes worldwide (focusing on EU, UK, USA, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand), assess the impact on the business and support with the internal changes necessary;
- collaborate with our Technology team to implement new and improve existing processes and system solutions for VAT calculation and compliance;
- support with M&A and corporate structuring projects.
- you have gained in-depth knowledge of Indirect Tax in the EU, UK, USA, Canada, or Australia while working in a multinational environment. Ideally, you have experience with the digital economy;
- you like working in a fast-paced and continuously changing environment, where you can show your flexibility in coping with ambiguity and differing priorities;
- you are familiar with Excel functions and are not afraid of pivot tables and complex data files;
- you can work independently but also enjoy being part of a global team with different backgrounds, personalities, and perspectives;
- your proactive work style enables you to gather and analyse information, take decisions, align with your manager and the wider team and to drive towards implementing solutions;
- you act with confidence, communicate clearly, and have the ability to understand, articulate and break-down complex processes and concepts when collaborating with all levels of stakeholders.
- you are a good listener with strong client and stakeholder focus and solution-oriented personality.
Your Basic Qualifications:
- you currently hold a similar position as Indirect Tax Manager in-house or at a consulting firm;
- you have 5+ years of indirect tax experience. You must have knowledge of VAT on cross-border transactions;
- you have the knowledge of international corporate tax concepts (residence, permanent establishment, use of Double Tax Treaty);
- since our working language is English, your English is business fluent. It will be a plus if you also speak Ukrainian, Polish or Greek;
- you hold a Bachelor's degree, ideally with a focus on Tax, or Accounting. An advanced degree is helpful;
- IFRS knowledge is a plus.
What we offer:
- competitive salary and good compensation package;
- comfortable offices in:
— Podil region (Kyiv, Ukraine) with reliable shelters and the availability of uninterrupted internet, water supply and electricity in the office. Breakfasts, lunches, many snacks and fruits, lounge areas, massages and other advantages of office life await you here;
— Srodmiescie (Warsaw, Poland): food cards with credit to spend in the restaurant, many snacks and fruits;
— Limassol (Cyprus): where you can also enjoy many snacks and fruits and the sea view from your workplace.
- flexible work schedule;
- online services of a corporate doctor, and after the trial period — private medical insurance;
- 20 working days of paid vacation per year, unlimited sick leave;
- all equipment necessary for work;
- exceptional opportunities for professional growth – in-house training sessions and seminars, corporate library, English classes, compensation of professional qualifications costs (ACCA, CIMA, etc.);
- free running, volleyball, boxing, and yoga training (offline in Kyiv office or online). Corporate discounts on subscriptions to gyms.
We support Ukraine.🇺🇦
Genesis condemns Russia's war against Ukraine and helps the state on the economic, information and cyber fronts. At the beginning of the full-scale war, we founded the Genesis for Ukraine corporate charity fund. The foundation's team buys the necessary equipment and medicines for employees and their relatives who protect the country on the front line. In addition, we will constantly donate to the Armed Forces, and several applications created in the Genesis ecosystem have been made free for Ukrainians. Read more about our position here.
Join our team!