Genesis is a co-founding company that builds global tech businesses with outstanding entrepreneurs from CEE.
We're one of the largest global app developers. Apps of Genesis companies have been downloaded by more than 300 million users globally and are used by tens of millions of users monthly.
We have one of the best tech teams in Europe, whose members are constantly recognized as top IT employees in CEE and Ukraine.
We are now looking for a talented, hard-working and ambitious lawyer who would join our Head Office Legal Team. The successful candidate will have exceptional opportunities for professional growth in supporting a large-scale international IT business.
Qualifications and personal attributes:
- Fluent English (including legal drafting), international certificate such as IELTS/TOEFL will be an advantage;
- 2-3+ years of relevant experience with an international or top-tier law firm or Big 4;
- Excellent academic credentials in law from top law school/university;
- Fast learner;
- A keen eye for detail;
- Outstanding analytical skills;
- Initiative and willingness to work on a broad variety of legal matters and to think creatively to solve complex legal issues;
- Hard-working, well-organized and able to manage numerous projects simultaneously under pressure;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Understanding of GDPR and other data protection regulations;
- Expertise advising companies through the life cycle of business operations, including on commercial, compliance and intellectual property matters;
- Participation in moot court competitions will be an advantage;
- Sound, practical business judgment and strategic thinking.
- Researching and analyzing potential legal risks in the company's jurisdictions of operations (with a focus on North America, Europe and sub-Saharan Africa);
- Implementing legal compliance in the various areas of business operations (data protection, marketing, payment, consumer rights etc.);
- Drafting and revising commercial contracts, internal policies and other legal documents;
- Supporting day-to-day legal activities and operations of the company;
- Working closely with teams of software developers, analysts, marketing managers and the management to progress projects reducing legal risks;
- Communicating with business partners, law firms, service providers from a variety of jurisdictions.
Genesis is a unique place for the development and growth with:
- Expertise in the development of high-loaded products in international markets;
- Unique opportunities for learning including various training and seminars within the company, access to a valuable and extensive book library, English courses and participation in key IT industry events worldwide;
- Flexible working conditions, medical insurance.