Genesis is one of the largest IT companies in Ukraine with more than 1500 people in 5 countries, who create products for 200 million users monthly. We are the most high-loaded company in the country and one of the largest partner of Facebook, Google, Snapchat and Apple in the CEE region. Our team is one of the best high-tech teams in Eastern Europe.
Genesis was recognised by DOU.UA as the Best IT Employer in Ukraine over the last years. We received very high ratings across all major evaluation categories such as professional growth, compensation, working conditions, communication with management and colleagues, etc.
We are looking for an active and thoughtful professional who will strengthen our team in the Chief Operating Officer (COO) role. Reporting and day-to-day cooperation with Chief Executive Officer (CEO) - one of the business co-founders.
What you will do:
- Design and implement processes in business-related operations including but not limited to budgeting/procurement, HR, recruiting, personnel development, helpdesk, internal communications, PR, etc.;
- Oversee day-to-day core operations of product development, customer support, business development (Google/Facebook/etc.) and supply-side (wide range of international partners);
- Execute organizational changes on the company’s way of transformation from mono-product unit to multinational holding (currently 7 portfolio companies are expected to be accompanied by another 8-10 within next 2 years period);
- Build operational dashboards/reporting systems to ensure performance-based evaluation of administrative and operations departments and setting of respective target metrics;
- Coordinate initiatives of internal departments (HR, procurement, financial control, legal, etc.) to secure the respective level of infrastructure needed for a smooth business growth;
- Work closely with C-level executives on expansion and scaling activities including both, exploring internal growth drivers and reviewing external investment opportunities.
Skills and experience needed to join the board:
- 4-5+ years’ of experience in either of private equity/VC, investment banking, industry operations unit or management consulting is a must;
- Proactive self-starter, with proven ability to initiate business changes (you are not likely to be told what exactly you have to do in order to bring value to portfolio companies; we are there to lead you, not to micromanage);
- Leadership and management potential are considered as a must have - upside to hire and develop its own team of professionals needed to tackle growing business needs;
- Structured thinking and ability to take data-driven business decisions - you can hardly bet w/o knowing and correctly interpreting a data);
- Sound analytical, problem-solving and commercial instincts and skills - you can crack McK type of business cases like a pro);
- Strong communication and written skills, ability to convince opponents on the truth of one's judgments (we are seeking a candidate who can intelligently argue with CEO and/or other C-level team members);
- Upper-Intermediate or Advanced English.
Nature of work:
Chief Operating Officer is accountable for day-to-day managing of core administrative and operational functions with a deep hands-on operations approach.
Would be an advantage:
- Proven hands-on experience in managing operational improvements and/or business process optimizations;
- Previous exposure to diverse business operations (IT, HR/recruiting, budgeting, marketing, etc.);
- Proven experience in managing complex projects and cross-functional teams.
This position is a unique career springboard for candidates who are seeking to become high-caliber C-level professionals and to help to build international multimillion business.
We are waiting for you in our team!
Genesis is a unique place for the development and growth with:
- Expertise in the development of high-loaded products in international markets;
- Unique opportunities for learning including various training and seminars within the company, access to a valuable and extensive book library, English courses and participation in key IT industry events worldwide;
- Perfect working conditions: an excellent office in a 5 minutes' walk from Taras Shevchenko metro station, free food and drinks in the office, medical insurance. The company has professional coaches in football, basketball and running and supports various sports initiatives (swim races, marathons, etc.).