Jiji is a leading online marketplace in Africa. Back in 2019, we’ve acquired OLX’s business in five countries. Now, across these locations, the platform attracts over 11 million unique users monthly that engage with over 3 million ads with a total value of over $10 billion.
Jiji is currently among the most downloaded and highest-rated apps in African e-commerce.
We are looking for an Android Software Engineer to implement new functionality, support and develop an existing application.
So, what You’ll Be Doing:
- develop new product features;
- apps localization;
- support for current features.
What We’ll Expect from You:
- 4 years of Android development, strong knowledge of Kotlin and Java languages;
- strong understanding of data structures, algorithms and multi-threading environment;
- excellent problem-solving and debugging skills;
- knowledge of MVC/MVP/MVVM patterns, OOP/SOLID principles, single activity architecture;
- writing custom views/animations/layouts;
- experience in modularization, microservices architecture.
Will be a plus:
- A/B testing, writing unit tests.
With us You will get:
- opportunity to work with a multi-million audience;
- high-level compensation and regular performance-based salary and career development review;
- career growth and professional development with various internal training and seminars, access to an extensive book library, English language classes, a chance to participate in key IT industry events worldwide (attending the conferences);
- free breakfasts, lunches, snacks, fruits, sweets, drinks, yogurts in the office;
- flexible working schedule;
- in-house doctor support available on demand;
- health insurance is available for all employees;
- the technique of your choice – MAC, PC, Linux, monitors: you can choose any technique for your productive work;
- new spacious and modern office space in Podil (5 min from Tarasa Shevchenka metro station) with weekly thematic lectures, Sony PlayStation 4 Pro, and many more exciting things.
Genesis was recognised by DOU.UA as the Best IT Employer in Ukraine over the last years. We received very high ratings across all major evaluation categories such as professional growth, compensation, working conditions, communication with management and colleagues, etc.