Genesis is one of the largest IT companies in Ukraine with more than 1500 people in 9 countries, who create products for 200 million users monthly. We are the most high-loaded company in the country and one of the largest partner of Facebook, Google, Snapchat and Apple in the CEE region. Our team is one of the best high-tech teams in Eastern Europe.
Genesis was recognised by DOU.UA as the Best IT Employer in Ukraine in the category 800 - 1500 employees over the last years. We received very high ratings across all major evaluation categories such as professional growth, compensation, working conditions, communication with management and colleagues, etc.
Genesis is currently searching for talented and highly motivated people to fill the position of Senior Tax & Structuring Manager.
Senior Tax & Structuring Manager will contribute to the development of our Tax function of Genesis Group finance team and perform a vast variety of related activities.
What you will do:
Oversee all questions related to tax & compliance in the Group:
- Development of tax structure for the international group of companies;
- Research advanced international tax issues and relevant national / international legislation;
- Track changes of tax and currency laws and regulations in countries where the company is represented;
- Develop tax models illustrating multinational entities' attributes and effective tax rates;
- Analyze tax implications on new business / employment decisions;
- Identification and minimization of tax risks;
Assist in the structuring of operations for a multinational group of entities:
- Coordinate internal initiatives (legal setup, intercompany agreements, transfer pricing reporting requirements, etc.) to achieve tax efficient structuring of international transactions;
- Support the legal transaction team in structuring the financing arrangements;
- Support tax audit and support of the Group M&A transactions;
- Internal audit on effective use of tax treaties, IP box regimes and repatriation programs;
- Review agreements with intragroup entities and third parties as a part of tax & compliance procedures;
- Liaise and coordinate work of external tax advisory and accounting firms;
Tax administration and business processes:
- Supervise the preparation of and review returns (including CIT, VAT / GST, withholding taxes) for multiple jurisdictions, and review the related tax accruals, tax payments, and tax account reconciliations;
- Formalize and control tax planning and tax reporting business processes for multiple jurisdictions;
- Advice on development and maintenance of accounting systems which provide tax information;
- Support internal and external audit of Group taxes in all jurisdictions;
- Processing ad hoc tax requests from internal users.
Key qualifications of the ideal candidate:
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in international tax structuring and administration (either in-house or legal & accountancy firm experience); experience in the Big 4 or top-niche boutique consulting firms will be preferable;
- BA/BS or MA/MS degree in economics, business, or other related fields;
- Solid international tax skills including research / structuring (using IBFD and other databases), transfer pricing analysis, analysis of tax treaties of limitation on benefits, tax reporting and dealing with compliance matters;
- Proven experience in tax structuring and administration for product IT companies and a good understanding of IT business processes will be a significant advantage;
- Strong expertise in tax legislation and local GAAP of such countries: Ukraine, Russia, Baltic countries, USA, Luxembourg, Cyprus, Malta or UK, and will be a plus - Brazil, China, Canada, etc.;
- Strong desire to dive into and explore new countries' tax legislation;
- Basic knowledge in IFRS, financial modeling and analysis;
- English - Upper-Intermediate or Advanced: oral and written (can be interviewed in English; will be a plus if the candidate had passed international certification such as IELTS, TOEFL);
- Strong communication skills: oral and written; ability to convince opponents of the truth of one's judgments;
- Structured thinking: ability to make data-driven business conclusions;
- Result oriented and highly ambitious: responsibility and readiness to act independently and take ownership for the results.
- Competitive salary and good compensation package – for experienced candidates with a proven track record, we offer a performance-based bonus system; official employment; medical insurance;
- Strong and enthusiastic team – you will have the opportunity for knowledge sharing, learning, and professional self-development;
- Interesting and challenging tasks – being responsible for a part of the company's finances you will prepare reports, solve diverse and challenging issues, communicate with people within the company as well as with our partners;
- Convenient working conditions – comfortable office located 5 minutes from Taras Shevchenko metro station. Flexible working hours;
- Sports and healthcare – running, swimming, football, basketball and other sports activities supported by the company; corporate doctor always ready to help if you feel sick;
- Exceptional opportunities for professional growth – in-house training sessions and seminars, corporate library, English classes, compensation of professional qualifications costs (ACCA, CIMA, etc.).